Welcome to School Health Services
This page will provide information for families and faculty of Lincoln Public Schools. The information provided here does not replace medical evaluation and treatment. Please contact your health care provider for any medical advice.
- In accordance with the town-wide health policy, no food is served at school celebrations or events. You are encouraged to be creative with birthday and holiday celebrations held here at school.
- All children entering kindergarten must have a current physical on record in the school nurse’s office. Your child’s school health record will be kept current if you provide a report of his or her annual check up and return a yellow dental card signed by your dentist following a dental visit. In addition, please report any changes in medical status and/or medications to the nurse’s office. I’ll be able to monitor your child and inform you of any concerns.
- The protocol for medications at school is specific depending on the reason for the medication and the frequency. Please call me if you have questions.
Please inform us of any changes in your child’s health that may impact the school day. Changes include, but are not limtted to: surgery, allergies, medications, or new medical diagnoses.
- Injuries occurring outside school hours may require modifications in gym or recess activities. We will follow Doctor’s orders when a note is turned in to the nurse’s office.
- After an annual physical, we can update your child’s health record as well. Just send us a copy.
- Need a blank copy to take to the visit?
Doctor’s Examination Form
- Illness: If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, please keep your child home. Your child should be fever free for 24 hours before s/he returns to school. If your child has vomiting or diarrhea, s/he should remain home for 24 hours afterwards to make sure food and liquids can be kept down.
- Sleep: Children at this age generally need at least 10 hours of sleep for optimal learning.
- Hygiene: Hand washing is the #1 thing everyone can do to stay healthy!
- Health Concerns: Please notify the nurse if your child has any health concerns such as asthma, allergies, diabetes, ADD, etc.
It is also important to inform the nurse if your child is on medications either at school or at home, or if they have any activity or diet restrictions.