- Lincoln High School
- Lincoln High School
Return to Headlines
LPS Reentry Plan
Good Afternoon LHS Families,
We had another good week this week at LHS. Obviously, we are still getting used to these new and very different circumstances at school, but I am very pleased to see the effort that our students and teachers are making to find solutions to the problems presented by the current conditions. Our goal at LHS is to support and challenge students to perform at the best of their ability, in a safe and supportive environment. While we are definitely still adjusting to our new model, I am confident that as time goes on we will continue to improve. Ultimately, our goals have not changed in terms of providing outstanding academic instruction to all students so that they may reach their goals.
Here are this week’s updates:
1) Open House- On Thursday, October 15th, LHS will be hosting Open House for families from 6:00-8:00 pm. This year’s Open House will be done virtually. We will have plans for how parents will participate in our Open House in the coming weeks, but I wanted to send this out for your planning purposes.
2) SAT Testing for Class of 2021- On Wednesday, October 14th, LHS will be administering SAT testing to all seniors. The testing must be done in person, but all seniors are eligible to test (including the full virtual students). We will be sending out specific information to our seniors in the very near future. On SAT testing day, all students in grades 9-11 will be learning virtually at home. The reason for this is because we would not be able to safely accommodate all L-Z students, in addition to all the seniors, on that day.
3) Lion Block- Next week we will begin our Lion Block protocols. Lion Block is a period of time that meets every Wednesday and Friday. The purpose of this time is for students to meet with teachers for extra help, to complete make-up work, to meet with a guidance counselor, or to participate in a quiet study. Lion Block scheduled will be shared with students, and students will receive instructions from their advisory teachers on how to see their Lion Block schedule. It is expected that students report to their assigned room during that time.
4) Full Virtual Student Textbook Distribution- Within the next week, we will be organizing a process for full virtual students to collect textbooks and other materials that they need for their classes. Students and/or parents/guardians will be given specific dates and times to come to the school and pick up their materials. We are in the process of finalizing this now and we will have definitive information our to families in the very near future.
5) School pictures for full virtual students will be taking place on Monday, September 28th from 12:00 to 6:00 pm in the LHS parking lot. The Chestnut Hill Mobile Studio will be parked in our lot and students may call Chestnut Hill at 508-336-4777 to scheduled an appointment. Please know that these appointments are for full virtual students ONLY. Hybrid students should not be making an appointment. Students will have picture re-take options at a date to be determined. I have attached the envelope, which contains information about picture packages.
6) School Calendar- Please note on the school calendar (attached) that Monday 9/28 IS a virtual learning school day for students. Also on the calendar please note the days for teacher professional development, which are not school days for students.
7) Next week’s schedule- please see the attached schedule for the classes next week.
That’s all for now. Please email me with any questions at email@example.com. Hope you all have a great weekend!